Cube Cart V4 and Order Picking Software

Guest Rajani

Hi there,

I am a novice to cube cart and I wanted to put a question to the forum regarding an order picking software package that is compatible with cube cart which existing users of cube cart are currently using and can recommend a particular order picking software package. Previously I have tried to do some research to see if cube cart currently has this functionality but I have been informed that this is not the case.

I am hoping that there are users who can recommend an order picking software package from current experience, if not then I was hoping that somebody may be able to inform me of a route to researching which order picking software package is good to integrate with Cube cart.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to this message.

Okay, what do you mean by "order picking software"? To me, that is printing a packing list and pulling the stuff from inventory and shipping? Both versions of cubecart print packing slips, so not sure what it is you want to do?

Okay, what do you mean by "order picking software"? To me, that is printing a packing list and pulling the stuff from inventory and shipping? Both versions of cubecart print packing slips, so not sure what it is you want to do?

Hi,

Thanks for replying, what I mean by order picking software is when one customer buys several items from our site in one purchase order. The purchase order will then be assigned to an individual order picker who will pick the items and pack them this ensures that responsibility is assigned to an indvidual if anything is wrong with the order then we know who was repsonsible for the order this is key when we have a team of six -eight order pickers.

When the order picker goes into the warehouse to pick the items each product will have a location assigned to that product e.g. A12 so that the order picker doesn't spend half a day looking around the whole warehouse for that individual product. The product is given a front location where a minimum amount of stock is kept and the same product will have a back location e.g. AA12 where excess stock is kept for that particular product so when the front location stock level goes down an employee can bring a couple of cases forward to the front location for the order pickers. It is an efficient system that saves time in the warehouse and as a company you can manage your stock levels. This software that manages this system is especially important when you are selling a couple of thousand items and more from the website and warehouse.

Order picking software allows the order to be assigned to an individual and for the items to be picked efficiently and also to manage stock levels in the warehouse.

Thanks again for your help.

Ah, okay. Never heard of it, but I don't have a large warehouse.

You could code the location of the product into the product code and tweak the packing list to include the picker. Or include a line on it that the picker initials - several of my vendors do it that way.

Otherwise if you find a program that reads my sql you should be able to make it work with cc.