Payment Modules

Guest Shaykey

Guest Shaykey

I set up my store with all products and categories. Now I want to set up the payment module. How do I choose the payment method and how do I get the $ in my bank account?

As you can tell I am a complete novice.

Moved the thread to Payment Gateway forum.

To answer your question, only you can decide this. Paypal is a popular one for new businesses selling small items as there are no ongoing costs for the basic service, only a per transaction fee. You need to look at your options, look at the costs of using a gateway, the costs of having a bank receive the funds etc. It does require you to do some research.

You need a merchant account. However, and pointed out above, PayPal is a great one, very popular around the world and rather safe. Or, Google checkout is also good and is gaining popularity, but many, many people use PayPal rather than cards when shopping online, and it's been around for years. I'd strongly suggest this before getting a merchant account through a 3rd party or bank, since the fees can be very costly if you're not selling much to begin with. But since PP and Google's both accept credit cards, some small businesses stick with those.

Good luck! :)