Re-ordering Categories

Guest iceytina

Guest iceytina

Hi,

I searched the forums for an issue similar to mine but didn't find any solution. Here is my problem:

My website is http://www.sukisilver.com/shopping

I need to have "Suki with Gems" moved into the "Suki" category.

When I go to my admin panel and click on View Categories then to Edit Suki with Gems, there is no area to move it into Suki.

This is also making it impossible to add a new top level category or child category. Whenever I go to make a new category (regardless of which level I want to put it into), I only receive a Top Level or /Suki with Gems options in the drop-down menu for where I want to place that new category.

I'm thinking something may be messed up in the backend for I upgraded from 3x to 4x. I currently use a trial key. Is this a limitation of the trial key? I plan to purchase a real key.

All the catagories should show in the drop down menu 'catagory level' , that is how you move the catagory you want. Its not a limitation due to it being a trial so something else is wrong. Have your tried clearing cache in admin rebuild recount, also clear the cache in your browser.

Guest iceytina

Yes I cleared the cache and I re-built the account from those options in the admin panel.

I'm thinking there may be something wrong with my database. When I click on "Rebuild category product count" I receive the following message:

MySQL Error Occurred

Error Message:

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT DISTINCT productId FROM cube_CubeCart_inventory WHERE di

SQL:

DELETE FROM cube_CubeCart_cats_idx WHERE productId NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT productId FROM cube_CubeCart_inventory WHERE disabled = '0')

I don't have enough database experience to know where or how to fix such a problem like that. The only thing I'd know to do is to optimize my database tables from PhpMyAdmin.

My category issue didn't resolve itself. Are there certain core files I should perhaps re-upload?