Selling unique items

Chargin

Im selling unique items using Paypal and need a way to block a second user from buying the same item.

Which part of the system will do this? Using the stock limit in CC wont work because that requires me to have adjusted the stock level to zero, which wont happen to an order in the middle of the night. Or what if 2 people are ordering the same item and about the exact same time, how can Paypal know not to accept payment for that second purchaser if the are both clicking "pay now" within seconds of each other?

Guest RenateH

Im selling unique items using Paypal and need a way to block a second user from buying the same item.

Which part of the system will do this? Using the stock limit in CC wont work because that requires me to have adjusted the stock level to zero, which wont happen to an order in the middle of the night. Or what if 2 people are ordering the same item and about the exact same time, how can Paypal know not to accept payment for that second purchaser if the are both clicking "pay now" within seconds of each other?

I may be wrong here, but it is my understanding (and my setup is counting on this) that for each of your products, you need to set use stock levels to on, then in general settings in admin, set 'allow out of stock purchases' to no, and set when you want the stock level to be reduced - at pending, processing or complete.

Doesn't that work for you?

Renate