upgrading php4 to php5

Guest srpacking

Guest srpacking

Could anyone please tell me how to change from php4 to php5, the host I am using has it set at php4 but I need to go to php5 so I can try cubecart4

i have sent the host a support ticket and this is the reply I got back

You need to specify the following in a .htaccess file:-

SetEnv DEFAULT_PHP_VERSION 5

This means that any php file ending in .php will be executed as PHP5 rather that PHP4.

If this file doesn't exist, you can create it using a normal text editor. It should be created on a per-site basis and uploaded into the folder containing your script (or simply into the public_html folder if you want it to affect site-wide).

Unfortunatly this is not much help to me but to you guys you will probabaly be able to tell me what to do OR if some one can do it for me I will be more than willing to pay

Please get back to me

Regards

Steve

Guest srpacking

Open Notepad, copy and paste SetEnv DEFAULT_PHP_VERSION 5 into it, then save as and name it .htaccess

Upload that file to the public_html folder on your server using your ftp program.

have done that but now i get the following

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2 Server at somanyfavours.co.uk Port 80

Ok, I would remove that file and contact your host, explain you tried and ask them if they wouldn't mind doing it for you. They should help, I have to say the code they provided is one I have not seen, the code I use in my htaccess file is

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

You could try that and if it doesn't work contact your host.