Canada Post Shipping Module

Guest jacksond

Guest jacksond

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/classes/canadapost.class.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/classes/canadapost.class.php(62): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/classes/canadapost.class.php(57): Canada_Post->process(false) #2 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/calc.php(57): Canada_Post->request() #3 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/calc.php(77): Canada_Post() #4 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/includes/content/cart.inc.php(814): include('/home3/toronto9...') #5 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/includes/global/cart.inc.php(56): require_once('/home3/toronto9...') #6 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/ in /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/classes/canadapost.class.php on line 62

Can anyone help me with this?

Guest jacksond

I found out what the problem was from cubecart. They told me to contact my host and make sure that access to Canada Post wasn't behind a firewall.

I contacted my host and it turns out that I had to have a dedicated IP in order to use this module. As soon as I switched to that and that site propagated again, the Canada Post shipping worked perfectly.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/classes/canadapost.class.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/classes/canadapost.class.php(62): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/classes/canadapost.class.php(57): Canada_Post->process(false) #2 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/calc.php(57): Canada_Post->request() #3 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/calc.php(77): Canada_Post() #4 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/includes/content/cart.inc.php(814): include('/home3/toronto9...') #5 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/includes/global/cart.inc.php(56): require_once('/home3/toronto9...') #6 /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/ in /home3/toronto9/public_html/jacksonjewellery/cart/modules/shipping/Canada_Post/classes/canadapost.class.php on line 62

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bill_smith

I found out what the problem was from cubecart. They told me to contact my host and make sure that access to Canada Post wasn't behind a firewall.

I contacted my host and it turns out that I had to have a dedicated IP in order to use this module. As soon as I switched to that and that site propagated again, the Canada Post shipping worked perfectly.

Can you detail on this form how you did that? I've looked and it seems that there are several Canadians' that need help with this. Any tips you have would help for sure.

Thank you in advance.

Guest jacksond

There wasn't anything for me to do, Bill. I had to contact my provider and switch my hosting plan to a dedicated IP - which cost more money, of course, but it's probably something that all the providers offer.

Just call your hosting provider and tell them you'd like a dedicated IP. Then the Canada Post shipping will work like magic once that's enabled.

There's really nothing more I can tell you.

Can you detail on this form how you did that? I've looked and it seems that there are several Canadians' that need help with this. Any tips you have would help for sure.

Thank you in advance.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm having this issue with the same error as first posted and I'm at a loss as to what to do. There is nothing in this thread which I haven't already done. I've completely disabled and then uninstalled the firewall, rebuilt apache with minimum security and still no joy and exactly the same error. The server is running great with a few different sites but not with my CubeCart installation and the Canada Post module.

Someone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Darry

EDIT: It's working. I'm thinking possible DNS issue and name servers updating VERY SLOWLY as in a few days.

• 4 months later...

I found with this that unless the shipping box dimensions matched in my Canada Post control panel and my CC control panel (module control panel specifically) it wouldn't work. I also found that unless your product has weight assigned, it won't work either (I know, obvious, but I overlooked that one originally).

edit: this is more for the 10001 error that follows once you make this error go away