Automatic currency conversion - version 3

Hi - I'm new to this forum and have looked through the other comments, but can't find an answer to my question...

Q: If I list my store items in US dollars and my credit card processor (PsiGate) is setup in Canadian dollars, will Cubecart convert automatically from US to Canadian dollars?

Q: I cannot find a user operating guide for Cubecart, only the installation and setup guide. Does anyone know where I could find this?

Thanks.

Hi - I'm new to this forum and have looked through the other comments, but can't find an answer to my question...

Q: If I list my store items in US dollars and my credit card processor (PsiGate) is setup in Canadian dollars, will Cubecart convert automatically from US to Canadian dollars?

Q: I cannot find a user operating guide for Cubecart, only the installation and setup guide. Does anyone know where I could find this?

Thanks.

I can't speak for PsiGate, but PayPal does the conversion, and in a manner similar to the way ATMs in a visited country work. My plastic is based in the USA and its dollars. When I use it in Australia or Amsterdam, the transaction (be it a cash withdrawal or a purchase) is done in the local currency but then shows up in y own account as exchanged dollars.

I am not aware of a user doc for CC and I don't see why one would be needed, even if it were practical. The user functions are quite limited but vary enough in actual action, thanks to mods or general settings unique to a site, that there would be too many exceptions and options that would make the doc more confusing than the actual pretty intuitive user GUI itself.

BTW - have you seen the documentation at www.cubcartforums.org? It's really impressive.

Thanks.

I can't speak for PsiGate, but PayPal does the conversion, and in a manner similar to the way ATMs in a visited country work. My plastic is based in the USA and its dollars. When I use it in Australia or Amsterdam, the transaction (be it a cash withdrawal or a purchase) is done in the local currency but then shows up in y own account as exchanged dollars.

I am not aware of a user doc for CC and I don't see why one would be needed, even if it were practical. The user functions are quite limited but vary enough in actual action, thanks to mods or general settings unique to a site, that there would be too many exceptions and options that would make the doc more confusing than the actual pretty intuitive user GUI itself.

BTW - have you seen the documentation at www.cubcartforums.org? It's really impressive.

Thanks for the info. - I'll check out the docs.