Editing several product listings at once

Guest neilleslie

Guest neilleslie

I often need to make quick changes to all my listings (descriptions, product codes, prices etc). Currently I'm going into each product and manually editing but there has to be a quicker way. Any tips, mods or short cuts most appreciated.

I'm using CubeCart 4.2.3

Thanks

Neil

Guest RenateH

I don't think there is a way within cubecart. You can bypass the system and edit the database directly via MySQL or do what i did - put out the cash for the bulk product upload mod which allows you to upload and download the database easily - i send it into an access database on my laptop that i can edit and re-upload changes - it lets you specify whether to add, modify or delete a particular record, unlike the standard cubecart upload which only appends or overwrites the entire database. The only problem i see with it at this point is that it keys the products by the generated sequential product id that is created at the cubecart end instead of the more intuitive product code, which i had expected - but i guess that's because of the way cubecart is structured, it allows product code duplicates.

Renate