V3 or V4 for apparel store?

Guest 1320drift

Guest 1320drift

Should I buy V4 for an apparel store? I got V3 through my host and I'd like to try V4 before I open my new store but I can't figure out how to get the trial to work. And yes, I followed the instructions. If someone out there thinks V4 is worth the money let me know.

Guest estabahn

V4 is worth the money, there are many more options built in. Potentially your store can make you thousands so for a small investment its worthwhile. How comes you cant get the trial working?

I'd say v4 is definitely worth the money. I run a small clothing store that is built on v4. You get a lot more featured cart with v4. I think you'll want all the v4 features and a few 3rd party mods.

Guest ebbinger_413

If you cant get the trial working did you check with your host to make sure it will be compatible with their server setup. As you will need to have zend optimizer or ioncube installed. something v3 didn't need. Otherwise when you go to install v4 it should give you a list of what is compatible on the server and not let you install if something is wrong.

If you like, and i'm being very generous here. I can isntall the trial on my servers for a day or so and let you play around with it. I have free hosting and plenty of space and no worries on my end. At least that way you can see what you are missing in v3.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I agree with everyone else that version 4 is definately worth the money. You have so many features that V3 doesnt have and it has on-going development which V3 obviously doesnt. It works well with the type of store that you are looking to put together. We have had so much success with V4 that we now dont have any clients that are on V3 and all have now upgraded or bought V4 from scratch. If you want some help, please PM me

Regards

Ian