Blurred thumbnail images

Guest Adam Harding

Guest Adam Harding

www.hydroponic-horticulture.com

I have a problem with thumbnail images.

Im using GD vers 2 with thumbnail size 50, but honestly irrelevent of the settings it does the same.

Check out the latest products and featured products

The images are extremly blurred, it seems like they are being resized down to the image size then rescaled up causing them to blurr

Does any one know how to solve this without having to delete all the images and re upload them

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to visit your site to check it out, but you are in offline mode.

Just wanted to tell you that the javascript in the link you have in your offline page doesn't work.

What size images are you uploading, this can happen if you upload small images.

Im using GD vers 2 with thumbnail size 50, but honestly irrelevent of the settings it does the same.

The images are extremly blurred, it seems like they are being resized down to the image size then rescaled up causing them to blurr

Does any one know how to solve this without having to delete all the images and re upload them

• 1 year later...
Guest one8edegree

Ok i banged my head a couple of too many times and finally found out a solution for this

click on the preview image which is blurred you will see that it will show size xyz scaled to size xyz which in my case scaled to size was greater than image size showing

what happens is that in your cubecart settings i was giving it the preview size , 400px , i was uploading an image which will apear on my main porduct page and was sized 500px . Now when i uploaded the image it was resized to 400 px . but my preview setting on page were to show an image 430 px.

this setting is set from the product preview file . ie styletemplates/content/viewprod.tpl

so in short if this file says the preview image should be 400px then your setting should also say the same ie 400px . and you must upload an image atleast 400px for a good quality image you can see that it is fixed on this page of my shop i am just setting up

http://www.10stock.com/aif/index.php?act=v...mp;productId=10

hope i made some sense :) but sure am glad to found a solution as i like the theme very much

• 9 months later...
Guest waveromper

This is what finally fixed my "Featured Product" thumbnails so they are no longer blurry:

Store Config

General Settings

GD Settings

Thumbnail size: 390

Max image size: 390

Then I had to remove my product pictures and re-upload them (also had to change the names) in order for the new settings to stick. Now the thumbnails look great!

I'm using CubeCart version 3.0.20.