PayPal Standard

Hi, I have installed a number of CubeCart 3 installations for customers, but I have now had a request to install 4.

The customer has looked at the payments gateway list which appears much shorter with 4 than 3 and he wants to use PayPal but without an IPN.

I know this is not an issue with 3, but I really don't know if this is straightforward in 4. I have searched but all articles seem to be focused on using IPN.

The reason for not using IPN he states is that he uses PayPal on more than one domain? Not sure if this relevant or not!

I need to advise if he should buy 4 or not, so any answer appreaciated.

Many thanks

Jack

As far as I know, the IPN is not domain-specific. You are allowed one business PP account, but many people run multiple stores.
It is domain specific if you rely on PayPal account settings for the return/IPN URL. PayPal gateway in CubeCart has this as set in the submitted form to PayPal, which overrides the PayPal account setting.

As far as I know, the IPN is not domain-specific. You are allowed one business PP account, but many people run multiple stores.

Many thanks, I will look into this, I am do not doubt the answer is buried somewhere within PayPal.

J