Update Prices by Category does not work

Guest websitedesignderby

Guest websitedesignderby

Under Admin > Catalog > View Products

At the very bottom, there is a feature to "Update Prices by Category",

Unfortunately if I enter a fixed amount of “-0.50†for “Normal Price†and perhaps a fixed amount of “0.00†for the sale price, select the category and press update, it tells me that the prices were updated successfully, however, the shop front does not reflect this.

I am under the impression it does work and I am simply not understanding the tool correctly, the reason I say this is I successfully updated the wrong category, consequently I have had to revert to last weeks backup of the database.

The shop in question is: www.creativewinemaking.co.uk

Perhaps there is a guide on this feature which explains just how it should be used? For example, do all the products I wish to update have to have a sale price? must my sale price always be less than the value of the normal price? or perhaps there is a known bug in this feature?

All I would like to do is add 0.10p from the sale prices in a chosen category.

We have a legitimate licence for this store as well as others; we are a LTD web development company which offer themed cube cart shops to our customers along with other products, so our concern is important for this customer along with all other current and new customers who want this as a solution.

I thank you in advance for any input given.

Regards

Steve

Guest websitedesignderby

Under Admin > Catalog > View Products

At the very bottom, there is a feature to "Update Prices by Category",

Unfortunately if I enter a fixed amount of “-0.50†for “Normal Price†and perhaps a fixed amount of “0.00†for the sale price, select the category and press update, it tells me that the prices were updated successfully, however, the shop front does not reflect this.

I am under the impression it does work and I am simply not understanding the tool correctly, the reason I say this is I successfully updated the wrong category, consequently I have had to revert to last weeks backup of the database.

The shop in question is: www.creativewinemaking.co.uk

Perhaps there is a guide on this feature which explains just how it should be used? For example, do all the products I wish to update have to have a sale price? must my sale price always be less than the value of the normal price? or perhaps there is a known bug in this feature?

All I would like to do is add 0.10p from the sale prices in a chosen category.

We have a legitimate licence for this store as well as others; we are a LTD web development company which offer themed cube cart shops to our customers along with other products, so our concern is important for this customer along with all other current and new customers who want this as a solution.

I thank you in advance for any input given.

Regards

Steve

Any ideas?

I mean this is pretty important since we have already sold a number of your cubecarts with licences and wouldnt make sence to continue doing so if the contol panel fails to live up to its promises.

Regards

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest websitedesignderby

I have purchased mutiple licences which come with only 30 days support, i refuse to pay for additional support because of an software issue that is a result of lazy programming or no readme / userguide being available on the feature.

My questions are IS THERE ANY READ ME / GUIDES on this feature? is it a know bug? should it be?

Regards

Steve

• 4 months later...