Allow administrators to view store off line? Not working.

aPoLLo

Hi guys and gals.

I would just like an idea of what I am doing wrong here.

I wish to do an "Extreme Makeover" on my CC3 store (3.0.16) however am coming across a couple of issues and was hoping somebody cleverer (is this even a word?) than myselft could help.

1. I place my store in Offline status by turning the store off in store setting and set the Allow administrators to view store off line to YES. I then try to view my store being logged in as Admin however get the offline page. I was under the understanding that I should still be able to view my store when I have a live admin session. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Second issue is:

2. I have changed the GD settings for Thumbnail Size to 145 (default 75) as I'd like to have larger non pixelated thumbs for my products. I read somewhere that if I deleted all the thumbs from my images location, CC3 would regenerate them according to the GD settings. Is this correct or was I lead astray? I tried this process (first by backing up my thumbs) however I could not see any thumbs being regenerated. Is there a time frame this will be done by CC3 automatically or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

aPoLLo :yeahhh:

To answer your questions..

1. Take a look in the hacks and tweaks forum in CubeCartForums.org for a fix for this issue. Sometimes your problem occurs, and the fix should help.

2. You need to reselect each product image for the thumb to be re-generated. I think there might be a free mod in the third-party forum for this to make it easier.

Rob

To answer your questions..

1. Take a look in the hacks and tweaks forum in CubeCartForums.org for a fix for this issue. Sometimes your problem occurs, and the fix should help.

2. You need to reselect each product image for the thumb to be re-generated. I think there might be a free mod in the third-party forum for this to make it easier.

Rob

Thanks Robsta.

I kinda found a work around. Once I have set the store staus as Offline, I close admin session including browser. I then look at the store and receive the offline message which is correct. I then log into CC3 as Admin again and click on the Store Home link in admin and presto website is viewable to me and not to anyone else that's not logged in as an admin. Hope this helps others. Worked for me.

As for the second issue.... no joy in finding that mod. I do hope I do not have to upload each and every product image individually for them to be regenerated.

Cheers

aPoLLo :homestar: