Issues Setting Up Paypal Website Payments Pro

Terry V

So I just upgraded from V3 to V4 and my payment gateways were wiped out. I got the normal pay through paypal's system working however I process my credit/debit card transactions through paypal's website payments pro and cannot get it working.

The issue I'm having is that I'm unable to find where I get the API username, password, and signature off paypal's site. I follow the instructions they say however it leaves me to a dead end after step 5 below as there are no options on the site to request API credentials or signature.

1 Log in to your PayPal Business account.

2 Click the My Account tab.

3 Click the Profile tab. If you haven't already done so, you need to verify your account before requesting API credentials.

4 Click Request API credentials under Account information.

5 Click Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions under Option 1.

6 Click Request API Credentials.

7 Click Request API signature.

8 Click Agree and Submit.

9 Copy and paste the API username, password, and signature into your shopping cart's configuration or administration screen.

10 Complete the process by following your shopping cart's final steps.

Cubecart support has been less than helpful as it seems like they're not really even sure how to do it. I could contact Paypal support as that's my next step however I think there's just a link I'm missing somewhere. Hoping you guys can help me out here.

I am aware this sounds just like what you posted above, but I just double-checked the route.

Go into your PayPal account. On the top header menu, click on Profile, located under the Account tab (first place when you log in anyway). Under Account Information, click on "request API credentials", below email, phone, etc. Select Option 1-PayPal API. If for some odd reason it's not there, call PayPal. ;)

Here's a screenshot of the page:

6d32528cab5a.jpg