Shop not working. All links get 404 error message

javarco

I just installed CCv4 trial version. I can get into admin area and view my shop: www.fanaticteeshop.com just fine. I can add products and images and what not but the problem I am having is none of the links work. All links take me to the 404 error message. The images are also not showing up on my homepage even though I can preview them in admin area and they appear in the fckeditor. I cant click on any categories not even the test product.

I am using godaddy as my hosting. I am using zend optimizer with php 5 and I changed the php file according to the following article:

http://help.godaddy.com/article/1232?isc=goaz2001m

Should I be using ioncube? Is it something easy? How do I even install ioncube? Which version?

Also, on a side note, how do I change the homepage banner so that it does not say 'your store?"

Ok, I just turned of the SEO and just like that all links worked. However, I still can't see the thumbnails but when I click on them I can see the product. I don't want to tturn off SEO so is there another fix I am not seeing?

Guest MasterSites

I just installed CCv4 trial version. I can get into admin area and view my shop: www.fanaticteeshop.com just fine. I can add products and images and what not but the problem I am having is none of the links work. All links take me to the 404 error message. The images are also not showing up on my homepage even though I can preview them in admin area and they appear in the fckeditor. I cant click on any categories not even the test product.

I am using godaddy as my hosting. I am using zend optimizer with php 5 and I changed the php file according to the following article:

Should I be using ioncube? Is it something easy? How do I even install ioncube? Which version?

Also, on a side note, how do I change the homepage banner so that it does not say 'your store?"

Ok, I just turned of the SEO and just like that all links worked. However, I still can't see the thumbnails but when I click on them I can see the product. I don't want to tturn off SEO so is there another fix I am not seeing?

Hi

SEO Should work perfect when enabled if setup correctly! - Did you do as the cubecart admin panel says and install the .htaccess file on your server - Or if that fails (as it did with my clients) use the other methods - On my clients website I used 'Apache Directory "Look Back"' Method.

What you need to do is - Go to the bottom of your admin panel - Enable Search engine friendly URL - Click "Update Settings" then inside admin panel still scroll down to the same section and choose from the list which method you want to use. If you use .htaccess it will have a button saying "Install .htaccess" click that if that doesnt work, try doing as it says and copy the htaccess file to your server. If still doesnt work (like my clients didnt) go back to your admin panel and select Apache Directory Look Back - This should work.

Hope this helps

thanks

Rob

Hi

SEO Should work perfect when enabled if setup correctly! - Did you do as the cubecart admin panel says and install the .htaccess file on your server - Or if that fails (as it did with my clients) use the other methods - On my clients website I used 'Apache Directory "Look Back"' Method.

What you need to do is - Go to the bottom of your admin panel - Enable Search engine friendly URL - Click "Update Settings" then inside admin panel still scroll down to the same section and choose from the list which method you want to use. If you use .htaccess it will have a button saying "Install .htaccess" click that if that doesnt work, try doing as it says and copy the htaccess file to your server. If still doesnt work (like my clients didnt) go back to your admin panel and select Apache Directory Look Back - This should work.

Hope this helps

thanks

Rob

Thanks Rob. The links all work now with SEO turned on. Howver, I still can't view my thumbnails. I am using .png files. Is that ok?

Guest MasterSites

Hi

Hope this helps

thanks

Rob

Thanks Rob. The links all work now with SEO turned on. Howver, I still can't view my thumbnails. I am using .png files. Is that ok?

If I am completely honest i am not too sure if .png can be used - the best thing to do to determine if you can use them is inside your admin panel - go to the bottom and click the "Rebuild & Recount" link on the left. Once inside here click "Update Image Database" first (not a requirement but always good to do) - Once this is done inside the admin panel go down to "Thumbnails" Tick the products without thumnails and in the drop down box at the very bottom select "Rebuild/Recount Thumbnail"

If that works and they show up then you can use .png - otherwise you cant :)

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Rob

Guest MasterSites

Thanks Rob. I tried that and I can see the thumbnails in the aadmin Panel but they still don't show up on my website page. I think it has soemthing to do with Godaddy hosting. Support mentioend it is a pain to set up...Appreciate your responses tho! you are Much help! Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback - I would recommend trying .jpg images or .gif (gif will be low quality) and see if that works.

Other than that I have run out of ideas - Glad i manage to help though.

Cheers

Rob