Questions from a new user

opm595

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if I can get the answers to a couple of questions, as I'm a little new to CubeCart, although not Ecom' CMS packages. I've been a Zen Cart and OScommerce user for the past couple of years and recently decided I'd broaden my horizons and take a look at CubeCart, to see what it has to offer.

So far it's been getting the thumbs up, all the way. Love the idea of how the template system (I think you guys call 'em Skins, right?) utilises the .tpl files with CSS - quiet inventive. Anyway, without further a do, my questions are:

1. Is there some way of verifying new user registrations? I couldn't find anything in the backend, so I'm guessing that there's a plug-in or you have to write something yourself.

2. What's the best way to allow the login page to be listed as the frontpage? I'm assuming you would do this via a .php define file, but not sure. I really don't won't to cheat with a 're-direct'.

3. Is there a developers tool kit available for CubeCart?

Sorry if I'm asking too much here as a newbie. I just find from experience that it's good to find out if a package is suitable for your needs up front.

Any advice, tips, tricks, or suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Guest MasterSites

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if I can get the answers to a couple of questions, as I'm a little new to CubeCart, although not Ecom' CMS packages. I've been a Zen Cart and OScommerce user for the past couple of years and recently decided I'd broaden my horizons and take a look at CubeCart, to see what it has to offer.

So far it's been getting the thumbs up, all the way. Love the idea of how the template system (I think you guys call 'em Skins, right?) utilises the .tpl files with CSS - quiet inventive. Anyway, without further a do, my questions are:

1. Is there some way of verifying new user registrations? I couldn't find anything in the backend, so I'm guessing that there's a plug-in or you have to write something yourself.

2. What's the best way to allow the login page to be listed as the frontpage? I'm assuming you would do this via a .php define file, but not sure. I really don't won't to cheat with a 're-direct'.

Sorry if I'm asking too much here as a newbie. I just find from experience that it's good to find out if a package is suitable for your needs up front.

Any advice, tips, tricks, or suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Hi Rob

Its good to know you have converted - being a developer and working with all 3 Ecom systems you mentioned and a couple more - I would definately recommend CubeCart over the rest.

Right now answers to your questions:

Question:

Answer:

I am not sure in what way you want to verify them - You can limit the ability to ship to a different address to the invoice address and when using checkout systems such as PayPal you can instruct verification there. If a new registrant hits your site, adds items to the cart, registeres and pays why would you need verification?

Question:

Answer:

I assume you have looked around the source code for CubeCart as you picked up on how CubeCart uses .tpl files? In that case you may of come accross a file called login.tpl? - You can simply use the contents of this file inside the index.tpl file under the global directory. This will then put the login form on the main page. That will be the easiest way to achieve what you want.

Question:

Answer:

Not that I know off - I dont think CubeCart's intentions was to release there system and expect people to chop it up as we all do - Instead i think they are continuosly trying to achieve a system that does everything we want without the need for mods. One place you can try is cubecartforums.org - This is a forum that is surrounded by Mods assistance on mods - so if there is a third party developers toolkit they are bound to have it or know where to get it.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Rob