Category showing more items than it has

Guest BunOven

Guest BunOven

I have a few items listed in multiple categories. I think there was some trouble with adding one item. Afterwards, the sub cat said it had 9 items when it only had 6. Well I removed all of the items from the sub cat in hopes of deleting the sub cat but it still shows 3 items although the cat is completely empty. Now after I removed all of the items from the sub cat, the main cat now lists 9 items, when there is only 6.

There are no items showing twice, when you click on the items it says 9 items but six shows up. I would really appreciate some help, Thanks

The site:

http://www.babypipsqueak.com

click on cloth diapers and One Size is where the trouble lies.

I've had the same problem a couple of times. When I was 100% sure that no products were in the category or linked to from another category, I edited the file in PHPMyAdmin and set the number of products to Zero. Probably not the best thing to do, but worked for me.

I also used the MOD to remove the text that says how many products are in each category.

Guest BunOven

I've had the same problem a couple of times. When I was 100% sure that no products were in the category or linked to from another category, I edited the file in PHPMyAdmin and set the number of products to Zero. Probably not the best thing to do, but worked for me.

I also used the MOD to remove the text that says how many products are in each category.

]

I'm not sure what PHPadmin is, which probably tells me I don't have it. Do you have the link or directions to the mod to remove the text? It is supremely annoying and I have no idea how to fix it!

Thanks

PHPmyadmin is not related to Cubecart. It's how you manage the Mysql database behind the scenes. Whoever is your host should have provided you with access to it, normally via your own Control Panel.

But if you don't know what it is, it's best not to play. You'll need someone to help who knows phpmyadmin.

• 2 months later...

where do you find this? what is the file name?