Breadcrumb Separator

Guest mr_tim

I'm trying to change the divider / separator used in the breadcrumbs but can't find what I need to change. For example I'd like to change;

to

If anyone can tell me how to get rid of "Location:" in the breadcrumb trail too, that would be great!

I'm trying to change the divider / separator used in the breadcrumbs but can't find what I need to change. For example I'd like to change;

to

If anyone can tell me how to get rid of "Location:" in the breadcrumb trail too, that would be great!

Hi

Go to you admin panel [backend of store]

In General Settings > Directory Symbol: and you can add this instead of the /

put in »

If you would like to change the *Location wording* go to either viewcat.tpl and/or viewprod.tpl and either change/delete this {LANG_DIR_LOC}

Hope i made sense, its quite late here in Australia ;)

Cheers

Andrea :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Tetsugaku-San

Does anyone know how to actually change the HTML make up of the breadcrumb? I'd much rather have a nice semantic list than the simple anchor tags we have now

cheers all :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest heraldmonkey

No easy way to skin the breadcrumb that I know of, unfortunately. But it you want to take a crack addict, the code appears to be in includes/content/viewCat.inc.php starting around line 270

Going to do that myself right now...

Good luck

/\/\

Meir

• 1 month later...
Guest bberman

No easy way to skin the breadcrumb that I know of, unfortunately. But it you want to take a crack addict, the code appears to be in includes/content/viewCat.inc.php starting around line 270

Going to do that myself right now...

Good luck

/\/\

Meir

Can someone post up a couple lines of how the code begins? trying to find it, not succeeding...

• 2 months later...

My issue was no space after the Directory Symbol which looks fugly (technically correct on a file system but...)

I also couldn't find where to edit the code so used the tip from above and added a break-space.

This seemed to only work if I used the code below and had no space between then two.

Added in Admin under Styles & Misc > Directory Symbol: » 

Before:

After