SSL and footer links

Guest allsport

Guest allsport

Hello,

Hopefully I can get this answered here.

I have enabled shared SSL and all works good, besides during the check out footer links return page can not be found.

When ssl disabled all is good.

It seems like I can't reproduce it anywhere, but the footer during checkout under SSL

Store URL: www.BestValueXpress.com Marine Accessories and ElectronicsStore has to run under SSL obviously!

Thanks a bunch

• 2 weeks later...

Guest uktradehouse

Hello,

I have enabled shared SSL and all works good, besides during the check out footer links return page can not be found.

It seems like I can't reproduce it anywhere, but the footer during checkout under SSL

Store URL: www.BestValueXpress.com Marine Accessories and ElectronicsStore has to run under SSL obviously!

Thanks a bunch

I also seem to have this problem since I upgraded to 4.3.4 Before that I never had this problem. Did you manage to get things to run ok as I have tried your site and things seem to work fine.

My problem seesm to be with the engine re-write on the Site Docs will not serve under SSL but turn the engine re-write of and everything workd great.

Hello,

Thanks a bunch

You appear to have the incorrect url in the site doc for links.

Also when viewing your cart page there are two images that are not secure and throw up non secure messages that are annoying for customers (see attachment), I would remove them or with the bottom image you can rectify the problem by using /images/no_tax.gif as the url.

Guest Roger Huston

This is the difference between using absolute and relative links. Always try and use relative links in your store and you won't see these problems. In the case above, you are using http://www.yourwebsite.com/image/someimage.gif. Since you are on an secure page, the page expects the link to be https.

Also, if you use relative links, you can make a development site that is the same as your live site.

- Roger