Update Prices By Category

Guest Sue Duncan

Guest Sue Duncan

I am a real neophyte at CubeCart and do not have a programming background, but am trying to help out with a nonprofit store. Here we have occasional sales, by only of particular categories of products at one time. I am stymied by the "Sales Mode" [under general settings] and the "Update Prices by Category" [shows under product search] - and have searched for explanations of these both on this and in 3rd party forums - I have seen a couple questions on the "Update Prices by Category" where people seem to be having trouble with this, but no real explanations of how this works. I have tried playing around with the Update Prices by category" - using a percentage [say 80%, to effect a 20% reduction of the sale price - but see no evidence that this is doing anything.

I would appreciate any help or insight on this problem. Our store is running CubeCart 4.3.0

Thank you!

sue

• 2 weeks later...

Guest chantelle

This module has never worked properly in all versions of Cube cart I have had. I made the mistake (three times no less, after thinking the updates would make it work better..) of changing a category to 10% off. The problem is when changing it back, it NEVER puts the correct price back - it's as though CC has a "D" in maths! I have to go throughevery product and change them back manually, which is what I do now, when I have special offers, it's quicker!

Guest Ronald Martin

Yup. I use it all the time now when I generate sales for specific categories. It actually adds a new field which easily allows you to discount everything in one or multiple categories based on a % of the normal price. Can't believe this isn't part of the standard product. Will probably be there one day...