Shipping by Category

Hi Everyone

I've had several failed attempts at making this work for my client.

Basically two options.

1/ Test Category needs to be *free Shipping*

2/ The rest of the products throughout the site are flat fee.

This is the process i took to set it up.

CC admin

Modules >> Shipping = only *Per Category* is enabled.

Catalog >> View Categories >> Edit Test Category = ie. *Free*

Shipping by Category

Per Shipment: 0.00

Per Item: 0.00

Per International Shipment: 0.00

Per International Item: 0.00

Now for the rest of the categories which have a flat fee, its set up this way.

Shipping by Category

Per Shipment: 3.99

Per Item: 0.00

Per International Shipment: 0.00

Per International Item: 0.00

They are both *top category levels*

But i seem to have two problems.

1/ After placing the test order for both using print order form *individually not combined* i'm getting FREE shipping.

Shipping Method: By Category () Subtotal: $3.00

Total Tax: $0.00

Total Shipping: $0.00

Grand Total: $3.00

2/ Cart page is not showing the shipping price and/or *text* here is the capture

ship.png

Estelle has kindly shown me a change that needed to be made due to a bug in the earlier versions. This change has now been made but i'm still having problems.

The changes are:

EDIT within admin/categories/index.php

FIND this line:

<td><input name="item_int_ship" value="<?php echo $results[0]['item_int_ship']; ?>" type="text" class="textbox" size="6" /></td>

And a few lines down FIND this line:

<td><input name="per_int_ship" value="<?php echo $results[0]['per_int_ship']; ?>" type="text" class="textbox" size="6" /></td>

Then switch these two lines around!

here is the original post.

==============================

Can someone please advise as to why my settings for Ship by Category are not working.

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Andrea :)

• 3 months later...

Guest sstandley

Hello,

I tried Estell's fix by editing the admin/categories/index.php file locally using Dreamweaver but when I tried to upload got the following error message.....

'While executing FindServerBehaviours in DynAttribute.hml, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred: SyntaxError: Unterminated parenthetical'

....now I seem to have lost the connection to the database and get this message....

MySQL Error Occured

2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

.... can anyone please help me? I'm frantic with worry!

Many thanks

Sue

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

Sorry to hear about your problems.

I am experiencing exactly the same thing and my clients store is updated to the latest version.

All his store has free shipping over X pounds otherwise it's X amount delivery.

He now requires the same as you have posted.

He wants a new category and then any products in that category have a standard delivery charge.

Is it likely that we can't have two shipping options running in the same store? (if so, that isn't very good)

I added a test category and setup the price per category. Upon checkout it shows his standard delivery charge for orders under X pounds.

Also in the dropdown is a blank field and it seems this can be selected and zero delivery charge will be applied.

This really should be straight forward, someone please help us.

Guest Lynchy

You have to make sure you have two character ISO country codes set for National and International... I was having the same issue and adding the codes fixed it for me

You have to make sure you have two character ISO country codes set for National and International... I was having the same issue and adding the codes fixed it for me

Hi there, thank you so much for replying.

This is what I have now tried but I still get the blank delivery select for category and the other price for standard shipping showing.

what is frustrating is it would be so easy with other carts but this person I do this for really likes cubcart.

I have also done the patch and swapped the two lines around 279 and 228 as per the original poster tried and said never worked.