Max length for a Site Document

Guest Roger Huston

Guest Roger Huston

Hello,

This may help some of you out there. I had a need for some long pages in CubeCart and I kept getting truncated pages when I tried to paste in the 6k lines of HTML into the page, I kept getting bad results.

So after a little research, I found the issue was in the database. Specifically, in the table CubeCart_docs, I changed the type definition of doc_content from Text to MediumText and now I can paste in a lot more data. There is even an option for LongText for any of you that need even more information.

- Roger

• 4 weeks later...

Guest chris whitehead

Hello,

This may help some of you out there. I had a need for some long pages in CubeCart and I kept getting truncated pages when I tried to paste in the 6k lines of HTML into the page, I kept getting bad results.

So after a little research, I found the issue was in the database. Specifically, in the table CubeCart_docs, I changed the type definition of doc_content from Text to MediumText and now I can paste in a lot more data. There is even an option for LongText for any of you that need even more information.

- Roger

Hi Roger

Thanks for this this seems to be the sort of thing i need. Where do i change this value though? Where do i access this table?

I really want to have an FAQ section of documents in my store displayes in the standard box type down the left hand side and not just an ever increasing line at the top

Do you know if it is possible to have a catagory for documents almost as if they are products but not for sale and without all the pricing / cart details

I am sure someone must have done this before as it seems such an obvious addition to CC

Thanks for any help

Chrisw

• 1 month later...

Hi Roger,

Thanks so much for posting this, you've just saved me a sleepless night.

Chris, you need to access your database through something like PHPMyAdmin -- in my case I found it in the Control Panel of my hosting account.

It's not in the CubeCart admin.

Cat