How to use Dreamweaver?

cherylb

i've been using Firebug / Notepad to change the css & tpl files of my Kitablue skin.

i would like to use Dreamweaver but can find no documentation or tutorials regarding its implementation with respect to the overall modification of a CC4 skin.

my question - is it possible, in DW, to display a template say the index.tpl complete with its applied css styles etc.

i have experimented but cannot make the above happen.

i have my CC4 installation on Wampserver for local testing.

i've been using Firebug / Notepad to change the css & tpl files of my Kitablue skin.

i would like to use Dreamweaver but can find no documentation or tutorials regarding its implementation with respect to the overall modification of a CC4 skin.

my question - is it possible, in DW, to display a template say the index.tpl complete with its applied css styles etc.

i have experimented but cannot make the above happen.

i have my CC4 installation on Wampserver for local testing.

no you cannot ;-)

I use dreamweaver for all of our designs.... but simply more as a notepad. Once you understand css and html and know how to write it, you really don't need to use DW.

Andrea

no you cannot ;-)

I use dreamweaver for all of our designs.... but simply more as a notepad. Once you understand css and html and know how to write it, you really don't need to use DW.

andrea - thanks for clarifying that - you've saved me a lot of time - a few told me there was "a trick" & i could (ie display with styles) - however i couldn't quite see how.

cheryl.

no you cannot ;-)

andrea - thanks for clarifying that - you've saved me a lot of time - a few told me there was "a trick" & i could (ie display with styles) - however i couldn't quite see how.

cheryl.

No Cheryl,,, there is no trick,,, basically it all needs to be localised and secondly it uses php language.

You can however kind of see where you're at using dreamweaver,,, and i use this quite often.... but you do need to have good html / css to be able to put the designs together.

No Cheryl,,, there is no trick,,, basically it all needs to be localised and secondly it uses php language.

You can however kind of see where you're at using dreamweaver,,, and i use this quite often.... but you do need to have good html / css to be able to put the designs together.

FC thanks for your reply - i realised the localised situation bit but a few guys in the forum seemed to imply it could "loosely" be done.

thanks again for the confirmation.

cheryl.