Email from paypal IPN's are failing

sparky5693

Received this from paypal:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/modules/gateway/ipn.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal

The store is using express checkout, and seems to work fine. Anyone have and idea what's going on?

Guest Soul Reaver

I have the same e-mail however the URL is slightly different...

http://www.domainname.co.uk/modules/gateway/PayPal/ipn.php

The funny thing is, this file ipn.php doesn't exist in my version 4, I do have a back-up of version 3 and that does have the ipn.php file....

I use PayPal Pro to handle my credit card transactions, and PayPal Pro isn't supported in version 3... So I'm assuming that a credit card payment is being made via PayPal Pro and Paypal thinks it's a standard Paypal payment (as per version 3) and is looking for the ipn.php file when in fact it doesn't need it....

I had my first PayPal warning e-mail on the 4th, and I guess if others have only had them recently, it's due to a change at Paypal.... as my cart was working fine beforehand....

So I'm using CubeCart 4.3.7 and PayPal Pro for the transaction

sparky5693, what are you using?

Ta

Jon

Guest Soul Reaver

Looking a little further, I think this is a PayPal issue....

If you log into PayPal, go to 'Profile' and then in the third column, 'Instant Payment Notification Preferences', you'll see the URL PayPal is moaning about... As mentioned earlier, my URL is the one I would have used when I had Cubecart verison 3 on the go.

From inside PayPal, you can turn IPN notification off.... However looking at the code in a file called call.inc.php it's similar to the code in ipn.php, so I'm going to try to redirect the URL in Paypal and see what happens... If it doesn't work, I'll turn the notification off as transaction work fine, and have done for years...

Jon

Guest sampleoidz

i am using cubecart 4 and have the same problem , all was working perfectly until i upgraded to the latest version , then 1 day after my upgrade the ipn issues with paypal started , i am pretty sure this is a bug as it was working fine for years until the upgrade

http://xxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/shop/modules/.../PayPal/ipn.php

i have contacted my host and they said the file does not exist so can someone tell me whats going on.