Site Docs is eating my code!

hebcat

Hi all,

The weirdest thing is happening...

I've worked on a big long page in my usual html editor, then pasted the code in the source view of one of my site docs.

(http://s309744877.websitehome.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewDoc&docId=7)

It works fine.

But when I go to edit that page in the admin, it chops part of the code off, thereby not ending the table correctly and breaking the page!

I was wondering at first if there's a character limit in the text field, but it can't be, or it wouldn't work the first time when I first paste the code in.

The truncating of code only happens when I edit the page via the Site Docs admin.

The version currently online looks fine, incidentally. This is because the client is reviewing it and I don't want it to look broken.

But when it does break, it breaks just after "Glentworth Caravans". This is roughly 3/4 of the way down the html code.

Have run my full code in a code checker and there are no errors.

My client will be editing this page, so it's important that it plays nice. Otherwise I would just hardcode it, problem soved.

Has any one run into this before?

Thanks for reading.

Me again

Took a short break and thought of some different search terms to put in Google.

In doing so I found this earlier thread:

http://forums.cubecart.com/index.php?showt...amp;mode=linear

I changed the doc_content type definition from TEXT to MEDIUMTEXT -- Problem solved.

Thanks for reading anyway. I hope this is useful to others.

Cat