Need to upgrade from 3.0.10 to newest version

Hi,

As the topic states, I need to do an upgrade from 3.0.10 to the newest version of CC.

1. What is the newest version?

2. Can I go right from 3.0.10 to the newest version or do I need to upgrade in STEPS...

that is, from 3.0.10 to 3.0.2 then 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 and so on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim

You need to go in steps. Newest version is 3.0.20. I went thru the changelog and update each file as I have a number of mods installed. The download package includes all scripts and directions for stepping thru them.

Alternately, if you don't have mods installed, you could just overwrite all current files with the 3.0.20 files (except for your global.inc.ini) and run any database update scripts.

I recently upgraded my stores from 3.14 to 3.20 and its not as bad as it sounds. Look thru the changelog if you have mods installed. You can probably skip a lot of them or just upload the .20 versions for some (like the modules - I never altered them so just uploaded the .20 versions directly and then shipped the changes in the changelogs)

Some changes were for things I don't use too - like languages other than english.

So it really only took me about an hour to change everything :(

Just to recap on the upgrade process to avoid confusion... if you're on v3.0.10, you do not need to follow the instructions from 3.0.1 (as in one). You're on v3.0.10 (ten), so the next version to upgrade to is v3.0.11 (eleven).

To upgrade, follow the database upgrade notes for each newer release (there aren't many), then just upload the files from the newest release and that should do it. Alternatively if you have mods and don't want to reapply them, use a file comparison tool and apply only the changes from 3.0.10 and 3.0.20 (latest v3 release) to your store files.

Hope this is a little clearer. I could see people thinking v3.0.10 is the same as v3.0.1, and then 3.20 was mentioned... sorry Lori, to avoid confusion you should write 3.0.20.. don't want to confuse people into thinking v3.14 (v3.14.0?) is newer than v3.0.20 :(

Hope this helps.