Site Redesign...need guidance

OK doing a site redesign and the new site will be COMPLETELY different than the old site. The client wants to see updates daily and does not want the old site to have any down time during the redesign. Is there a way to set up a second instance of Cubecart (for the new site) and import the data, pics, cataegories etc into the new instance of cubecart? If so how? The present installation is modded...BTW.

OK doing a site redesign and the new site will be COMPLETELY different than the old site. The client wants to see updates daily and does not want the old site to have any down time during the redesign. Is there a way to set up a second instance of Cubecart (for the new site) and import the data, pics, cataegories etc into the new instance of cubecart? If so how? The present installation is modded...BTW.

Hi

I am assuming you are keeping the same domain? If so, you can create a subdomain e.g. test.domain.com to test the new site (the client can visit this)

This thread here - Questions on Multiple unique stores on one domain discusses it and advises you to contact sales too.

Kylie

I am assuming you are keeping the same domain? If so, you can create a subdomain e.g. test.domain.com to test the new site (the client can visit this)

This will require an additional CubeCart license. To install a development version on the same license key, install it in a sub directory not a sub domain.

Regarding mods, you would need to contact the authors as some are restricted. The mod 'subject' is one for the third-party forum though ;)

Yes it would be on the same domain. I am setting up cubecart in the same domain root folder but a different name EG: old site has cubcart installed in abyssaquatics.ca/shop/....and the new installation would also be installed in the root but in a folder called abyssaquatics.ca/store/

Eventually; the old design will be deleted and the new design will take over. Am I correct in assuming that all I would need to do to get the old products on the new design is to make a copy of the old site's SQL database; rename it and have the new installation refer to it?