Currencies - Help Please - AUS $ Vs US $

Guest lolichka

Guest lolichka

Hi All,

I'm probably going to ask a really stoopid question here as I cannot find an answer to my question after searching... so here goes...

The australian dollar is doing pretty well at the moment (something I thought i'd never see in my life time!!) and is higher than the US dollar.

In cubecart the US dollar by default is set as 1.00000.

However, as the australian dollar is around the 1.06762 mark, how the hec do I reflect this in cubecart to show product prices correctly??

If I enter in that value for the australian dollar as current (1.06762) it throws my pricing our of whack.

If I set the australian dollar to 1.00000 it shows the correct pricing BUT what do I set the US pricing to?

I've set the default country to Australia/Victoria hoping that that may do some black magick in the background but alas no...

Feel free to have a chuckle by all means at my expense but some help/clarification/answer would be great once you've picked yourselves up off the floor!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lol

Hi lolichka,

If you change the US dollar to around 0.935 that should do it. Leave the Aussie dollar at 1.00.

You could always go to www.xe.com to check the US dollar against the Aussie dollar.

Hope it makes sense.

Cheers

aPoLLo :homestar:

Guest lolichka

Hi lolichka,

If you change the US dollar to around 0.935 that should do it. Leave the Aussie dollar at 1.00.

You could always go to www.xe.com to check the US dollar against the Aussie dollar.

Hope it makes sense.

Cheers

aPoLLo :homestar:

Thanks aPoLLo, I did go to Xe.com, it was (and is) my first port of call lol!! So basically are you suggesting that the US dollar be reflected as the top line of the aus $?? (as reflected @ xe??) If not, could you please explain where you got that figure from for the US value. (I have always hated anything to do with numbers with a passion)... If I round things up (via xcel) I get 0.937 (3 decimals as apposed to two), should it be left as the higher or lower value? (not trying to be anal of course) but to make sure I get the right amount set correctly...

:-D

Thanks,

Lol

Sorry lolichka.

I led you down the wrong garden path in previous response.

You insert the AUD dollar on top and USD dollar at the bottom of XE.com. You need to adjust the US dollar and leave the Aussie dollar at $1.00.

So you should have the following in your currencies section: Your store rate is 1.0696 USD for 1.00 AUD

:-)

Hope it helped.

Have a good weekend.

aPoLLo :yeahhh:

Ohhhh forgot to mention.... as for rounding up or down, it shouldn't make too much difference really. It's a miniscule amount.

My store settings look like this:

Guest lolichka

Sorry lolichka.

I led you along the wrong garden path in previous response.

You put the AUD dollar on top and USD dollar at the bottom of XE.com

So you should have the following in your currencies section: Your store rate is 1.0696 USD for 1.00 AUD

:-)

Hope it helped.

Have a good weekend.

aPoLLo :yeahhh:

Ohhhh forgot to mention.... as for rounding up or down it shouldn't make too much difference really. It's a miniscule amount.

My store settings look like this:

Thanks for the reply & your attachment. No need for apologies tho as i'm still trying to understand... :-D

So if I have the values set as per attached, is this correct?

Thanks again,

Lol

OK lolichka,

If you are based in Australia and running your business in Australian dollars your currency setting should be set as follows:

Australian Dollars $1.00

US Dollars $1.069 (whatever value XE.com calculates).

On the other hand if you are based in the US and running your business in US dollars your currency setting should be set to the following:

USD Dollars $1.00

Australian Dollars 0.935161 (whatever value XE.com calculates).

I assume you are in Australia if I am not mistaken therefore, the first lot of settings apply.

I hope I am making some sense.

aPoLLo :whistle:

Guest lolichka

OK lolichka,

If you are based in Australia and running your business in Australian dollars your currency setting should be set as follows:

Australian Dollars $1.00

US Dollars $1.069 (whatever value XE.com calculates).

On the other hand if you are based in the US and running your business in US dollars your currency setting should be set to the following:

USD Dollars $1.00

Australian Dollars 0.935161 (whatever value XE.com calculates).

I assume you are in Australia if I am not mistaken therefore, the first lot of settings apply.

I hope I am making some sense.

aPoLLo :whistle:

Hello,

THANKYOU!! "clear as mud" as they say lol... You made plenty sense.

Yes... I am in Aus running the store in Aus. I always wondered what that inverse amount was for on xe :-D

Thanks again,

Lol