Image quality

Guest DesignGirl

Guest DesignGirl

I've uploaded a few images that are the right size and resolution however after they are uploaded they are fuzzy. I thought in CC4 you could tell it not to compress or were able to retain the original quality.. is that not an option in CC5 or am I missing something?

thanks

Guest DesignGirl

I've uploaded a few images that are the right size and resolution however after they are uploaded they are fuzzy. I thought in CC4 you could tell it not to compress or were able to retain the original quality.. is that not an option in CC5 or am I missing something?

thanks

from support:

if you use CubeCart to upload images it leaves orriginal image in folder images/source but resized image stored into images/cache which is the root folder of the images. Just browse and assign image in your home page (it will be resized) and the edit the path to image replacing cache with source this will load the original image and click the blue refresh image on the popup widow this loads original image dimension. Anyway you can then set own size if you would like.

• 1 month later...

I've got this problem and I've tried changing to source but it then gives me a broken link. All the other pictures are perfect except for the front page. I've uploaded the exact size and res that I require and they just keep coming out really fuzzy.

Check your skin's config.xml file. If I remember correctly, there's a quality property in there where the image sizes are defined.

I've got this problem and I've tried changing to source but it then gives me a broken link. All the other pictures are perfect except for the front page. I've uploaded the exact size and res that I require and they just keep coming out really fuzzy.

Check your skin's config.xml file. If I remember correctly, there's a quality property in there where the image sizes are defined.

Thank you for that. In the end I was just working late and when I changed the path to source failed to knock the 270 size off the image. Pictures now loaded perfectly. So if anyone else is having trouble, just upload picture to at least the size you want it to be into a folder in the images file. Change the path from "cache" to "source/your_folder_file_name/" and take off the .270 at the end of the path leaving just your" image_name.jpg" You can then re-size as normal in the picture editor.