how to disable register_globals in php

Warning] /home/slic535/public_html/classes/debug.class.php:138 - register_globals are enabled. It is highly recommended that you disable this in your PHP configuration, as it is a large security hole, and may wreak havoc

how do i disable this? where is the php configuration at? anyone know?

Your includes/global.inc.php is currently writable, you should change the file permissions to read only. On Linux or Unix systems it should be CHMOD to 0444.

i get this in my error log. how do i fix this ? i have global.inc.php and global.inc.php-dist. do i need both of them? i tried to fill in the spots in global.inc.php-dist and when i did it then said there was nothing in the folder?

Guest hennaboy

the php config file and register globals setting is down to your webhost provider.

you can use your ftp software to change the permissions on the global.inc.php

the php config file and register globals setting is down to your webhost provider.

you can use your ftp software to change the permissions on the global.inc.php

i know how to get in it, but i dont know what to put in it. it seems already set up with all the info in the spaces. it has my password, admin user, the #1 for if its in use and so on. how to i set it to read only?

Guest hennaboy

You are running your own server?

If so and you have setup php like that then I would get immediate assistance as the chances are that your PHP is vulnerable.

If so and you have setup php like that then I would get immediate assistance as the chances are that your PHP is vulnerable.

no no, i am using hostgator for hosting but i dont understand exactly what i have to do. this line confuses me. i can get into that folder with my ftp program but it says to change to read only. how do i do that?

Your includes/global.inc.php is currently writable, you should change the file permissions to read only

no no, i am using hostgator for hosting but i dont understand exactly what i have to do. this line confuses me. i can get into that folder with my ftp program but it says to change to read only. how do i do that? do i right click on the folder to pop up the properties and change it?

Your includes/global.inc.php is currently writable, you should change the file permissions to read only

Guest hennaboy

right click on the file whilst using your ftp program. should give you the option to change the permissions on the file.

oh and personally id move host.

right click on the file whilst using your ftp program. should give you the option to change the permissions on the file.

oh and personally id move host.

i have been using hostgator for awhile. do they not give you enough people with their system? whats the best hosting for the money that runs cubecart and can help you out on the cubecart when needed?

Guest avtardeol

i have been using hostgator for awhile. do they not give you enough people with their system? whats the best hosting for the money that runs cubecart and can help you out on the cubecart when needed?

We use UnlimitedWebhosting.co.uk and they are brilliant - check them out - they are great if ever you need any help - we were on Holiday in Spain the other week & they worked out a couple of issues we had - and emailed confirmation at midnight - not many of the big boys would do that.

Excellent service from them