Customer Data Bug

Guest ddth

Hi,

I am running CC4. About a year ago we started noticing that customers data was getting mixed up and by that I mean for example Daniel Smith signs up an account and pays etc, a new customer called Emma Johnson signs up and then gets her details merged into Daniel Smith's account or her order would be under Daniel Smith's customer account but with her order details and address. As you can probably imagine this is very bad, at the time we had a number of estelles mods and didn't have time to fully debug this. I also contacted cubecart support who told me "it could not be our script", well this is a brand new installation without any mods that has been running for well over a year with 2,887 customers.

So we reinstalled our website and thought it wouldn't happen again well its doing the same thing as described above. I understand there are new versions of cuebcart but quite frankly I shouldn't have to upgrade considering our site is all setup and making money. I have noticed that the customer ID's aren;t always getting incremented by 1 for example 3017, 3018 and sometimes we'll get 930 etc although I am not sure if this has anything todo with the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue ?

Daniel

Robsta,

Thanks for your reply. 4.4.2. Also I forgot to mention I loaded up a browser on my virginmedia connection and the shop told me I was already logged in as a customer who ordered last night.

Possibly related?

Never come across it before.

I see. I reported this issue a year ago. Do you even have any suggestions or can you ask a member of staff who is a developer if you are not one?

Guest Roger Huston

Hello,

Sounds like a session issue to me. That they are not expiring. What is your session length? Mine is 7200 seconds.Did you change any of the session code? I don't have much experience in that area as I have left that code alone. Have you touched that area?

- Roger