Terms and Conditions

Guest Dazmanjunket

Guest Dazmanjunket

Hi,

I have searched through the forum trying to find a way to disable T&C showing on the menu bar, but still show the page when a customer registers or purchases a product.

So far I have edited the T&C page to show our terms for purchase etc, when a new customer goes to register the T&C check box shows, which also links it to the page, when clicking on the page to read the T&C nothing appears, unless I enable the status within Documents, but when doing this it shows it in the menu as well.

Running CC5 Version 5.0.4

Any help would be great even if it's slight nudge in the direction of the files that need to be edited.

Hi,

I have searched through the forum trying to find a way to disable T&C showing on the menu bar, but still show the page when a customer registers or purchases a product.

So far I have edited the T&C page to show our terms for purchase etc, when a new customer goes to register the T&C check box shows, which also links it to the page, when clicking on the page to read the T&C nothing appears, unless I enable the status within Documents, but when doing this it shows it in the menu as well.

Running CC5 Version 5.0.4

Any help would be great even if it's slight nudge in the direction of the files that need to be edited.

In your admin/Store Settings select the Layout tab and find the "Disable terms & conditions checkbox on checkout" in the "Layout" section.

-NARD

Guest Dazmanjunket

I have done that already, and that doesn't work, you need to enable the T&C in the documents section of Admin, but in doing so you end up getting the T&C on the horizontal menu bar. If you disable the T&C in the Admin/File Manager/Documents, and still have it set for the customer to tick the T&C agreement on purchase, if that customer clicks on the link to read the T&C it only takes him to a blank page with the cart..

What I'm trying to achieve is not to show the T&C in the Horizontal Menu but still show if the customer wants to read the T&C before they Proceed with either the registration or the purchase of the product.

DazmanJunket

I have done that already, and that doesn't work, you need to enable the T&C in the documents section of Admin, but in doing so you end up getting the T&C on the horizontal menu bar. If you disable the T&C in the Admin/File Manager/Documents, and still have it set for the customer to tick the T&C agreement on purchase, if that customer clicks on the link to read the T&C it only takes him to a blank page with the cart..

What I'm trying to achieve is not to show the T&C in the Horizontal Menu but still show if the customer wants to read the T&C before they Proceed with either the registration or the purchase of the product.

DazmanJunket

I see what you mean! Sorry; I should have read more closely. It looks like something that should be reported as a desired feature (or possibly - a bug?).

I hope someone will help you with this.