No Shipping Charged on International Order

NARD

My store uses 'Category' method to calculate shipping.

Begun to offer free domestic (US) shipping for book categories. Simply made all domestic shipping charges in the appropriate categories $0.0 and left the International settings as is.

Today received an order for a book from Denmark in which no shipping charges were charged. I rechecked all my book categories and confirmed that the International charges were still programmed there.

Any thoughts?

Update:

I noticed that I didn't have Denmark on the list of International countries. Is that the problem? I have always thought that orders from unlisted countries would simply not be allowed.

Please - someone,,,,

NARD

• 3 weeks later...

I have always thought that orders from unlisted countries would simply not be allowed.

Unfortunately I don't think that's the case. If Allowed Zones have been set up and the country for the delivery address isn't in them, then the customer won't see the shipping drop-down. I haven't tested this thoroughly, but what appears to happen is that Cubecart will still automatically select the cheapest shipping option for them, completely disregarding allowed zones, and let them continue through the checkout.

Does anyone know if this is intended behavior or a bug? I would have thought the customer would get an error saying that shipping hasn't been set up for their country. Maybe the developers assumed that everyone would have a fallback shipping option that isn't restricted to any zones.

There might actually be a way around this in the template. If you look at content.checkout.php the shipping drop-down is displayed inside the following IF statement:

{if isset($SHIPPING)}

(shipping drop-down)

{/if}

Possibly the same could be done for the submit button:

<div class="basket_actions">

<a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=basket&amp;empty-basket=true" class="button_submit left">{$LANG.basket.basket_empty}</a>

<input type="submit" name="update" class="button_submit update" value="{$LANG.basket.basket_update}" />

{if isset($SHIPPING)}

<input type="submit" name="proceed" class="button_submit" value="{$CHECKOUT_BUTTON}" />

{else}

<p>Shipping has not been configured for your country. Please contact the store.</p>

{/if}

</div>