5.0.5 is not ready for prime time

Guest sunshine5555

Guest sunshine5555

After 2 days of trying upgrade from 5.0.3 to 5.0.5 I threw in the towel and did a complete clean install. Same issues. Re-downloaded the zip file and did another clean install - nope - no improvement.

The Nota skin does not work in any color.

Images aren't showing (again).

Loads as slow as molasses in January - either the storefront or the admin section.

I am going back to 5.0.3 and hope I can get it re-loaded and working. If it weren't for liking the Nota skin and a few of the other improvements, I would go back to version 4. I have wasted so much time (days and weeks) to get this version working and I don't even have a complicated store.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sunshine5555

I did delete the cache several times. It took 3 downloads from cubecart and 4 uploads to my server to finally get it working. In the process, I had to completely wipe out my previous version and lose the work I had done on the store.

I did delete the cache several times. It took 3 downloads from cubecart and 4 uploads to my server to finally get it working. In the process, I had to completely wipe out my previous version and lose the work I had done on the store.

Perhaps it would have been better for you to ask a professional to look at the problem you were having. The solution is clearing the cache, if not the store then the browser. You definitely didn't need to lose your database or skin customisations.