Gift Certificates

Guest DSKMike

Guest DSKMike

I'm having an issue with Gift Certificates on the site:

When a customer purchases a gift certificate, it defaults to a Coupon Code already in use, rendering it unusable. Example: Cust buys 100$ Gift Cert & receives it by email with Claim Code XMAS2011 which is assigned to a 13% discount Coupon Code.

Is there a way for Gift Certificates to generate a unique claim code or to set a claim code manually for each individual certificate?

Thanks,

Mike

I'm having an issue with Gift Certificates on the site:

When a customer purchases a gift certificate, it defaults to a Coupon Code already in use, rendering it unusable. Example: Cust buys 100$ Gift Cert & receives it by email with Claim Code XMAS2011 which is assigned to a 13% discount Coupon Code.

Is there a way for Gift Certificates to generate a unique claim code or to set a claim code manually for each individual certificate?

Thanks,

Mike

your right, its doesn't send the cert num in the email it sends the 1st coupon code

it is generating the unique, mine was 514F-D6FF-9F5B-C813-5AF7 but that's not what's sent - Certs / coupons is VERY buggy and the guys have promised a proper fix in the next version (that say they said that for 5.0.5, lol

Courty

• 1 month later...

Hmm, the code for that section is a little odd, it's not actually confirming it's created the coupon properly, but I think I know why it's not working, it's always converting the coupon_id to 1 as it's being cast as a bool

In classes/order.class.php

FIND:

private function _createCertificate($value, $blocks = 5, $bsize = 4, $glue = '-') {

// Create Certificate Code

$length	= ($blocks*$bsize)+($blocks-1);

$seed	= hash('whirlpool', time().rand().microtime());

$code	= '';

for ($i = 1; $i <= $length; ++$i) {

$code .= ($i%($bsize+1)) ? substr($seed, rand(0, strlen($seed)-1), 1) : trim($glue);

}

$gc	= $GLOBALS['config']->get('gift_certs');

## Insert the Certificate Record

$record	= array(

'cart_order_id'		=> $this->_order_id,

'discount_price'	=> $value,

'code'				=> strtoupper($code),

);

if (isset($gc['expires']) && (int)$gc['expires'] > 0) {

$record['expires']	= date('Y-m-d', strtotime((int)$gc['expires'].' months'));

}

return (bool)$GLOBALS['db']->insert('CubeCart_coupons', $record);

}

And try just getting rid of the (bool) in the return, so:

return $GLOBALS['db']->insert('CubeCart_coupons', $record);

That should hopefully have it be returning and storing the id properly