Upgrade 4.2.2 to 4.4.6

Guest DazlerD

Guest DazlerD

Hi

Ive got a heavily modified 4.2.2 store that needs to be upgraded to latest v4.

When I was doing changes i would surround any changes in comments to show what id removed/changed/added. The company got in a marketting guy who had a go at web site dev. He of course didnt care about commenting changes.

I need to download an unchanged version of 4.4.2 so i can:

- Use Beyond compare to add comments to my code

- Use beyond compare to see diff between my modded 4.2.2 and merge changes into the latest 4.4.6

Has anything big changed between these versions? I mean, is it easier to put my changes into 4.4.6 or add 4.4.6 changes into my existing code?

We've taken loads of extra fields from language, to includes to templates. Added contents and boxes, and findItFast stuff etc. Changes to admin, emails, loads and loads of stuff. However we do this aint going to be easy.

Thanks for any advice

Darren

You can get a copy of v4.2.2 direct from Devellion, just put in a sales ticket.

I would recommend applying the changes to v4.4.6. There have been a lot of optimisations since v4.2.2, including a company address change affecting almost every PHP file.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DazlerD

I think this is going to be a massive task so im going to upgrade one version at a time. This was I can check code after each version upgrade.

Cheers