Why does my newer Cubecart store rank higher In searches?

Guest Basikboy

Guest Basikboy

Ok, I opened another super generic scaled down Cubecart store to run special sales from time to time and just a few of the items I sell on my main Cubecart store. Well, I recently did a Google search just to see where my main site currently ranks and I couldn't beleive how much better my new store ranked over my main store that I have had since 2005 and put a ton of SEO work Into. Can anyone possible explain why this is happening? I mean I don't even have the SEO Mod Installed on the new store. Thank you for any help.

I did, but not had time to respond. I'm not sure why one site is listed better than the other, perhaps the search term relates better to a page on the new site... is there a page on your older site relevant to your search criteria? It could be the product in question was on the front page latest products at the time it was indexed, or someone posted a link to that product on a heavily crawled public forum.

Any number of reasons, which might just boil down to luck ;)

Guest Basikboy

Thanks for getting back to me Robsta. Actually It is all the duplicates I have on the secondary site that rank higher for each item not just the one listing. I cannot figure this out for the life of me.

• 2 months later...
Guest Wendy Peters

Hello Basikboy, I don't think you will do it for the sake of testing but if you go back to the old version, do you think you will get a higher page rank too, I guess yes, I think it is just a coincidence, I mean at that point of time your product got more popular or something, might be wrong.