PayPal Express Checkout Fatal Error

Guest Simplestores

Guest Simplestores

Hello

I have recently installed the free version of cube cart (3.0.17)

I created a PayPal account for my store and then requested API Certificates. I had done this with Oscommerce previously and it was up and running within a few minutes but now when I try to proceed to checkout like a customer I get this error message

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SOAP_Fault::getAck() in/home/ambushai/public_html/www.sexyknickers.net/modules/gateway/ExpressCheckout/transfer.inc.php on line 104

I checked the file and the line is: $ack = $response->getAck();

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this even if it means editing some of the php. I speak some html but little to none php.

Thanks

Karl

Hmm, unfortunately, I'm not sure PayPal Express Checkout or Direct Payment work on any of the remaining versions of CC3, it's not been supported for a while, and there were some changes on PayPal a few months back that just flat out stopped it working I believe. That would be my guess anyhow.

I did have a look into fixing it for a client, and tried updating the SOAP files, but didn't have much luck with it. It's possible you could pay someone to rewrite those gateways, or just fix whatever changed.

The other option is to just use another gateway, as far as I know, all the others should be fine. Though I think you'll want the 3.0.20 files if you're using Protx/Sagepay