Rising Technology [Genesys ITS, Inc.]

Guest jvilla

Guest jvilla

Just wanted to get others opinion on this new site we developed. It just got added to LIVE STORE page on CubeCart.com.

https://rt.genesysits.org

An up and coming non-profit client of ours that wanted to incorporate an entrepreneurship building program for their young professionals by incorporating an online site to sell their refurbished PC's. The site uses Authorize.net, SSL certificate, and CubeCart. Genesys has been getting a lot of press and awards for their program and their use of technology (including site) and sponsored by several corporations and larger non-profits. Site managed, designed and developed by Nuesion.com.

Visit parent non-profit site at www.genesysits.org

I like the tie to Genesys and the work you are helping to do is certainly worthwhile. You might want to put some info about it on the front page rather than having to click on "about us" I never would have known and would simply have thought you were selling out dated equipment (which was my first thought.) Then I followed the links in your post.

Nice Site! It's great to see somebody with design sense, taking a cubecart and molding it to their needs, rather than just changing a few colors here and there.

I would suggest that you upgrade your thumbnails though. If you check the images/makethumb.txt file, in the top few lines, you can set gd=2 instead of gd=1 (default). That will give you much clearer thumbnail images. (You'll have to delete all of your current thumbnail images -- all the images in your images folder that begin with "thumb_" -- so the script will make the newer, higher quality thumbnails.)

Guest jvilla

Thanks for the great words.

We actually made 2 sites for the 2 teams competing with each other. The second one was taken down for internal group problems.

Anyhow, I like the idea about incorporating some information about Genesys on the shopping cart homepage. I brought it up to the staff right now.

Booker, I also made the GD=2 change and it really improved the images dramatically. That was a great TIP.