cannot login admin....

Guest sckautie

Guest sckautie

After successful installation, I cannot login via the admin panel. I put in my username and password that I setup during installation, but it then disappears and says no administration session found.

Help???

Guest sckautie

According to all the instructions I followed...yes, all CHMOD is correct. I've actually asked my host provider to have a look as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest majorsky

I had the same issue and I was looking for an answer, and I have seen that many people tried the cookie thing that did not work for me, or htaccess....anyway...here it goes what I did.

I was debugging the login.php file to try to see where the issue lies...and I am still trying to figure this one out (I am just gaining experience interpreting someone else's code), but I discover at least something to make it work while I was debugging. Before I continue with the solution...yes my debug method consists of writing a bunch of "die (here);" sentences :P

Anyway, go to the admin/login.php and search for this code:

if($result == TRUE) {

$_SESSION['ccAdmin'] = $result[0]['adminId'];

// update no logins

$increment['noLogins'] = "noLogins+1";

$result = $db->update($config['dbprefix']."CubeCart_admin_users", $increment, "adminId=".$result[0]['adminId'],$stripQuotes="");

if(isset($_GET['goto']) && !empty($_GET['goto'])){

header("Location: ".urldecode($_GET['goto']));

} else {

header("Location: ".$GLOBALS['rootRel']."admin/index.php");

}

Now place this right after this code and before the else statement

die ("here");

I know it is NOT A DEFINITE CLEAN solution but at least I was able to get in the admin area. Once I know what is going exactly, I will return to you!

Hope it helps!

Clauz

Guest majorsky

It is me again!

Ok, I think I know what's going on....I have noticed in some developments of mine, that for some strange reason, sometimes the sentence "header (Location:....") is ignored and the execution goes on like if that sentence was not there at all...so for those who applied my "die (here)" solution...take that out cos it is not clean and instead insert an "exit;" after the "header (Location:....")

So basically, you get this in the admin/login.php:

if(isset($_GET['goto']) && !empty($_GET['goto'])){

header("Location: ".urldecode($_GET['goto']));

exit; // -->added

} else {

header("Location: ".$GLOBALS['rootRel']."admin/index.php");

exit; //--> added

}

Greetings to you all!

Clauz