Fire away

Guest sgolds

Guest sgolds

I've been lurking on this site for looking for help this past month and trying to build my site. Thanks for all the help I've received.

Now I need constructive criticism since I've been staring at it for too long. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

id boardshop

I agree with Rod ;), nice job

three minor comments tho:

• change the color for the 'search' text; black is not highly visible on that background
  • same as above counts for the 'welcome guest - login' tools
  • 'add to cart' button is not ligning up with the text; probably need to change the width of the <td>

Other than that nice job, I like how you have your products listed ;)

Oh btw.. just signed up, too :whistle:

Guest rickbradford

Ditto the comments above. Also, your thumbs are a bit grainy, which is a shame because the larger pics look great.

But, yeah, it looks good. I like the color scheme a lot and the simplicity of the front page. Great job applying the design scheme from the rest of the site (which is nice).

--Rb

Guest twisted

'add to cart' button is not ligning up with the text; probably need to change the width of the <td>

What i think you would be better off doing is making a new add to cart button, in a wider width to suit the larger witdth of your altered "Add to Cart" text, "basket' being a longer word than "cart".

THEN adjust the width of the <td> to suit the width of the new button.

You should just make the button blank, btw, as the button image is actually used as a cell background, and the text written in the cell, giving the appearance of it being a button, which is why yours is tiling due to the longer text.

Ok...looking round a bit more...i suspect, from your view_cart page, that you may have reduced the size of previously mentioned button, and thats why its tiling.

It looks, quite frankly, awful on the view_cart page.

Also, have you tested the coupon mod? I've tried a couple that simply don;t work.

i hope you don;t have one of those.

Apart from that...nice design, nice layout, good color co-ordination.

Guest sgolds

So far so good. Most of the things you have mentioned are lazy things on my part. I've spent a lot of time finding products and also working on a new girls site.

I re-thumbnailed most of the pics. I removed the background from the "button" on the product_view page. I'm not quite sure what I want to do but I think it looks better with nothing right now.

And Mobie, thanks for the product layout. It makes all the different in the world. Being able to see all the products quickly is great.

By the way, this is my work in progress. Just started so no real changes but in a couple of days... :whistle:

Identity Girl

ummmmmm ummmmmmmmmmmm cant see nething really good job all round

only thing tho a minor suggestion perhaps update to 2.0.7???? other than that