creating new skin/template

Guest mypapani

Guest mypapani

hello,

I have downloaded the v3 and it looks very different from the last version (v2.0.7) i've been working on.

How do I disable the template settings for v3 so I could use the current tabled layout i've made for the v2.0.7? If I could make a skin/template like our current layout, where do I start? Here's the current layout of our store (not yet online):

papanifinal028cu.th.jpg

The site basically has a table with 3 columns. The 4th one (vertical google ads) is outside the table. With v2.0.7, I just include the header.inc.php at the top, then a customized menu.php for the 1st column and another customized php file for the box where the "place ads" appear.

Any tips on where I should start if I could create a skin/template like our layout? Help will be very much appreciated. We plan to launch our store this July 16. I hope we could make it in time. Thanks again :unsure:

Guest mypapani

i don't know how to create a skin.. :)

can somebody teach me?

the products on the index page that i created with v2.0.7 are all static. Even the links on the menu are not dynamically generated by cubecart.

my CSS knowledge is basic and I threw a hissy fit last time I had to make one from scratch.

it'd take a bit of modding but It'd be possible easily (if you know how)

Guest mypapani

i think i'm getting the hang of CSS..

I opened the index.tpl of one of the template and saw some declared values. Anybody knows what file it's been defined? Thanks.

Treat the tpl files like regular html files they are your template files. Then you can accent the stlyes and layouts with the css files.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mypapani

templatetags9ui.jpg

Hello again,

What file does these tags declared? How can I create a custom tag? I want to add other blocks besides these dynamic links. Thanks ;)

At first - look at main index.php. All you need is inside.....

Main content of home page.....

include("includes/content/index.inc.php");

$body->assign("PAGE_CONTENT",$page_content);

Mailing list box....

include("includes/boxes/mailList.inc.php");

$body->assign("MAIL_LIST",$box_content);

...etc

Search for apropiate tepmlate - its path and name is at the beginning of file... e.g. includes/boxes/mailList.inc.php - its template is skins/[skin name]/styleTemplates/boxes/mailList.tpl.

MAIL_LIST is name of template variable for Mailing list - contains all necessary data but NOT any web code. Template (tpl) is responsible for web code, that means, if you want to redesign any section, have to do in template file...