Contact Page Needs A Form

Can anyone help me with a contact form that I can get working on the contact page? I've tried the HTML editor using the abilty to make a form but have had no luck.

I want the typical info in the form ..... name, address, phone, email, comments, etc ..

Thanks

By the way ... why such a simple thing for those who know how to make them, wasn't it included in the scirpt along with the ablitity to modify the fields, etc >>>>>> Geeeeeeeeeeeeesh !

Not the best way to do it, but this should work....

Insert this code into the contact page

<form name="form1" method="post" action="cgi-bin/bizmail.cgi">

<input type="hidden" name="sendreply" value="0">

<input type="hidden" name="subject" value="Message Subject">

<input type="hidden" name="success_page" value="link to page after message sent">

<input type="hidden" name="cc_to" value="your second email here">

<input type="hidden" name="send_to" value="your email here">

<table width="400" border="0">

<tr> 

<td>Name</td>

<td><input name="Name" type="text" id="Name"></td>

</tr>

<tr> 

<td>Address</td>

<td><textarea name="Address" id="Address"></textarea></td>

</tr>

<tr> 

<td>Telephone</td>

<td><input name="Telephone" type="text" id="Telephone"></td>

</tr>

<tr> 

<td>Email</td>

<td><input name="email" type="text" id="email"></td>

</tr>

<tr> 

<td>Comments</td>

<td><textarea name="comments" id="comments"></textarea></td>

</tr>

</table>

<p align="center">

<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit Message">

</p>

</form>

Included is a cgi script which will take care of sending you the mail. Make sure you put script in cgi-bin and edit html to work on your site. ive only used this method to create an offline credt card payment gateway, but it should work.

Let me know if you need anty help

bizmail2.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Idara ..

I too had lots of trouble making a contact page like you see on my site, www.postcardcollecting.com ... I could not do it just by using the conact page builder provided in cubecart. Finally, I got it by using iFrames with MS Frontpage. I created a form page with MS Frontpage and uploaded it to my site (outside of cubecart's directory) and then inserted an iFrame page into the cubecart contact page which calls up the form page. It worked great that way. You can't use Frontpage directly in cubecart; they don't play well together.

You could use any other software, even Dreamweaver or just a form's script if you know how to do that. I wasn't able to though it was a suggestion from another forum's member.

I know it's not the best answer to use iFrames but it does work beautifully for me and until cubecart does include a already prebuilt contact form page, it's what I am going to continue to use.

I also used the same idea on my my privacy page at www.postcardcollecting.com .... take a look.

Hopefully this answers your question,

Tom

hi !

I would like to know how did you configure the contact Email form at ur website Postcardcollecting.com !

Your help will be appreciated ! :)

Regards

Yunus