Express checkout

Guest magnusj

Guest magnusj

Hi all...

I would simply like to know if there will be an (free) express checkout option in the near future? This feature is really needed I think. Also a "related products" mod would be nice :-)

What do you think?

Regards

Magnus J

:o

Yeah definatley need express checkout as I have had feedback from clients that they jsut want to enter name ect and pay without spending too long

Please add it in or can the CC ver2 express mod work with ver3

Guest Earth Bizz

Collecting email addresses so you can send newsletters every now and again? .. but then I suppose you'll get those with the order... :errm:

Guest netgroup

I'd like that, too. I don't see that "membership" offers any benefits to the customer, and therefore it is not only un-necessary, but counter productive. Am I missing some marketing-useful purpose?

Hmm,

Surely the point is that customers have to fill in their order details at least once (with or without a 'membership' option). So why not?

There are 3 major benefits (as I see it).

1) For the 'shopkeeper': You have an opt-in (or not) list (customer decides on sign-up) of people who want to hear from you when you have a special deal.

2) People (wholesalers) who may want you to sell their products will want to know if you can email your customers to offer their product.

and thirdly (and probably the most important) -

3) For the customer: they never have to re-enter all of their information again and are more likely to return to you to make repeat purchases if all they have to do is enter a username and password. (?)

I guess the choice for store owners would be 'nice' but I know which one I would opt for if I had the choice.

Thats my twopennyworth. :errm:

• 6 months later...

I just setup my store for a client and the first thing they asked for was an express check-out that gave an option to enter only name and email - I know this is an old post but the need for an express checkout or at least an option to amend the required details would be great

• 2 weeks later...
Guest novatec

I just setup my store for a client and the first thing they asked for was an express check-out that gave an option to enter only name and email - I know this is an old post but the need for an express checkout or at least an option to amend the required details would be great

Hi

I like to see this too

I take it you or your client only sells digital goods then?

Guest benkenobi

Unless I'm reading it wrong, Paypal's Website Payments Pro rules say that a user has to be able to use express checkout w/o having to enter an address ...

The way I'm reading it, that means a user can be required to register, but can't be required to enter an address (when registering)

Am I interpreting it wrong?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest flowerz

I have just purchased the full version of Cubecart 4.3 upgrading from the free version,

I will be selling digital goods in my store when it opens, I would love my customers to be able to skip filling in the personal details part of the checkout, or even to be able to edit what information is needed on the information form, example just fill in the name & email! Instead of the boxes with stars that say they must be filled in,

Digital products do not really need postal address phone no & such & I am sure all this info will put customers off purchasing,

All Digital goods sales need is the payment & email address to send the file,

So is there a way of simplifying the checkout process or not?

I have been scouring the web for over a week looking for the answer to this,

If anyone knows of a fix or add on I would really love to know, <_<

Guest estelle

Please ask over at cubecartforums.org. There aren't any mods that I know of to strip all fields except for name and email (its an uncommon request), but someone may be able to create a custom mod for you.