Add external Links

Guest sunspeks

Guest sunspeks

I am a real newbie so please reply as if i am stupid.

I need to link to external sites such as my blog site but cannot work out how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

V3.01

Mark

:w00t:

Easy way, if you are familiar with frames, use page frames. One frame for shop, second for your links. But it depends on priority of index files. Index.php can't be first one. At most the first should have be a index.phtml, try it.

You could add another box to your pages by editing the index.tpl file located in whatever template version you are using. I chose Legend because it looked like it was the easiest template to modify. The file is in skins/Legend/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl.

Check out my store in my sig to see the extra boxes I added to my site.

You could also add another page from the editor in your admin panel and put the links on that page. Click on "Site Documents" then "Add New" to create a new document.

Hope that helps.

Guest sunspeks

Sorry, me again.

Any chance you could post the code you used for just one box you added and tell me which other files you modified.That should be idiotproof even for me.

Thanks again

Mark

:w00t:

Here is the code for a right side box.

<div class="boxTitleRight">Buy Wholesale</div>

<div class="boxContentRight txtCopy">

<a href="http://www.globalhealthtrax.org/worldnatural"><b>Become A Distributor</b></a> for only $29.95 and buy at wholesale prices. You will also get a free website to promote your business!

</div>

{MAIL_LIST}

------------------------------------------------

Just replace the title "Buy Wholesale" with "Links" or whatever you want.

Next replace "<a href="http://www.globalhealthtrax.org/worldnatural"><b>Become A Distributor</b></a> for only $29.95 and buy at wholesale prices. You will also get a free website to promote your business!" with the code for your links.

The stuff in between the brackets for example:

{SHOPPING_CART}

{POPULAR_PRODUCTS}

{SALE_ITEMS}

are the things that call for the boxes that came with the script. Those templates are in the boxes folder in case you wanted to look at them for reference. Anyway, if you do it like I showed you above, you won't have to mess with any other files because the codes the colors and text are in the <div class="boxTitleRight"> & <div class="boxContentRight txtCopy"> so it will look the same as the other boxes. If for some reason you want to change that, the settings are in layout.css file.

Now if you want to put your links on the left side just change "boxTitleRight" & "boxContentRight" to "boxTitleLeft" & "boxContentLeft". You probably already knew that. :w00t:

Just place your codes between the bracket items wherever you want them. Hope that makes sense.

Is it possible to put the Site Documents in a box? if so could you show me how please?

Site Docs are boxed :rolly: , but do you want to place site docs on right or left side? Some templates modificaton is required. It depends on your prefered skin.

Target files:

1. skins/[skin name]/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl

2. skins/[skin name]/styleTemplates/boxes/siteDocs.tpl

---------

Backup your files!

Skin Killer:

open file and move {SITE_DOCS}:

to section of <div class="colLeft"> tags (left side)

to section of <div class="colRight"> tags (right side)

In previous {SITE_DOCS} locality put:

<div class="siteDocs">

<div class="siteDocsBgRight">

<span class="siteDocsBgLeft">&nbsp;</span> 

</div>

</div>

2. file siteDocs.tpl can be (right sided):

<!-- BEGIN: site_docs -->

<div class="boxTitleRight">&nbsp;</div>

<div class="boxContentRight">

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<a class="txtSession" href="index.php?act=viewDoc&amp;docId={DATA.doc_id}" class="txtDefault">{DATA.doc_name}</a><br />

<!-- END: a -->

</div>

<div class="boxFootLeft">&nbsp;</div>

<!-- END: site_docs -->

If you want a Tiltle box, in file includes/boxes/siteDocs.inc.php paste

$box_content->assign("LANG_SITE_DOCS_TITLE",$lang['admin']['docs']['site_docs']);
 after 
$box_content = new XTemplate ("skins/".$config['skinDir']."/styleTemplates/boxes/siteDocs.tpl");

AND in file siteDosc.tpl replace &nbsp; in <div class="boxTitleRight">&nbsp;</div> with {LANG_SITE_DOCS_TITLE}.

Other skins? Little be diferent code :P

Guest clothahump

Forgot to add that I would like to rename the box to Information, I have found it in Language I think but do I change all references from Site Documents to Information???

Cancel last request, I changed "Site Documents" to "Content" and it seems to be OK.

Guest clothahump

Same problem on second install at www.bridfishsmokery.com/index.php

Help me out Brooky as I need to Licence this one before going live. :)

Uuups, mea culpa :mellow:

Replace txtSession <a class="txtSession" ... in Contet box with bullet.

Result:

<a class="bullet" href="index.php?act=viewDoc&amp;docId={DATA.doc_id}" class="txtDefault">{DATA.doc_name}</a><br />

Regards