What does SSL do?

Guest clothahump

Guest clothahump

Could do with some explanation of exactly how the SSL side of things works, at what point does cubecart switch to SSL???

Was it really worth me getting a SSL certificate if it does not use it???

SSL - Security Socket Layer - using it, makes comunication between browser (client) and server more secure. Other words - comunication is ciphered.

CC has ability to operate with or without it, but main role is on server side.

Guest clothahump

But at what point in a transaction does the store switch to SSL?

By the way it does not work when activated, I am fast getting fed up with all the problems as I have to get a store up and running within 48 hours.

Guest clothahump

Thanks for trying to help convict but I have now removed cube cart and I am uploading Zen Cart as I type this, at least it works out of the box.

It really is a shame that cube cart has very little support for potential customers as I like the way it works and was looking forward to using it in quite a few new online stores I have been asked to set up by the local community.

Let me know when it is ready to go live Brooky and I will try it again.

Guest clothahump

It really is a shame that cube cart has very little support for potential customers

Have you used the helpdesk? The forum is comminuty-based... no-one on here gets paid, and we all just do it to try and help one another...

Try http://www.cubecart.com/site/support/ to contact brooky directly.

:errm:

I thought that was just for customers that have purchased a Licence.

Why do we need SSL if the payments are being made via a Merchant account on their website???