Install problems, can't initialise store!

Guest gruntre69

Guest gruntre69

When trying to initialise the script in the browser I get this error:

-----Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. ------

and when checking the error log I find this error:

-----[Tue Aug 2 22:19:50 2005] [alert] [client 220.235.131.150] /home/waycool/public_html/cubecart/.htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration----

My web host says this:

Hi Grant,

we run PHP in cgi mode (phpsuexec) for security reasons and because of that PHP does not support "php_value" commands in .htacces files.

Try removing the offending line from your .htaccess file and then try it again. Also try asking the author of the script how the removal of that particular line will/might affect your software.

This is the htaccess file:

php_value arg_separator.output &

<Files shop>

ForceType application/x-httpd-php

</Files>

Does anybody know what I need to do to get it running.

Any help would be appreciated.

gruntre69

Guest netace

Since some FTP programs don't show the .HTACCESS file, I created an empty .HTACCESS file and transferred that over. It wiped out the original, and all is well !!