IE 8 Issue

Guest gsclientarea

Guest gsclientarea

Hi

Can anyone help please. I've just bought a new PC and upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista and downloaded IE8, some elements of my site are missing now, i.e. log in buttons for customers to sign in and I cannot add any products to the basket. (www.lazeme.co.uk)

The strange thing is that it is working on everyone else's Vista PC so I think it might be something to do with my PC settings or to do with IE8 because its unsupported?

If its sounds familiar please help!

Many Thanks

V

open your spiders.txt file

find and remove any lines with MSN or MSN bot

save the file and re upload it

with MSN butterfly or later versions of IE on vista the site thinks you are a spider because of your (crappy browser...)

thank you MicroShaft

using SEO URLs also has the effect of implementing the spider.txt which will "HIDE" login and register links (Session Killing) spiders cant register or login...

goofy but true.... the SEO URLS and session killing for spiders REALLLLLLY NEEDS work...

Kinetic

Guest estelle

I've tried IE 8 and it seems to be really buggy, displays the same page differently each time I reload the page. Use Firefox or Google Chrome instead!

hell IE 7 is STILL a POS on a stick

anyone using IE 8 gets what they deserve

still the problem of missing links (Login | Register) is due to the SEFURLs spiders.txt

which DOES affect MSN butterfly users along with apparently IE 8 lusers

FireFox 3 users UNITE!!! you seamonkey, chrome and safari users can join too...

Kinetic

they will have to pry my firefox from my cold dead fingers...

Can anyone help please. I've just bought a new PC and upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista and downloaded IE8, some elements of my site are missing now, i.e. log in buttons for customers to sign in and I cannot add any products to the basket. (www.lazeme.co.uk)
One solution, uninstall IE 8, it's still in Beta, therefore completely unsupported and unfinished... and then return to XP :dizzy: