Free Shipping Over A certain Price

If I setup free shipping over a certain price it seems to work OK, but there is a problem with it.

Each time a new order is placed a dropdown box appears during the order process and this offers the customer two choices, (free shipping and £2.50)obviously if they have purchased less than the amount above which free shipping is offered they are still able to select the free shipping option.

How do I overcome this?

Hi fiddy,

Surely that defeats the purpose of the free shipping option.

I have my site setup to charge £2.50 for shipping within the U.K. and £3.50 for international orders. However, I would like to be able to offer free shipping to all customers who order more than £50 worth of products.

I have this setup in version 2.0.4 and it works fine, surely I should be able to do the same thing in version 3.0.2.

I have all the other shipping options disabled.

Hi djmceltic

Thank you very much for your help.

However, I still have problems when using your mod. If I disable "Free Shipping" in the admin section, that gets rid of the free shipping option in the dropdown box when the customer has ordered less than the specified limit, but shipping is charged however much the customer orders. If I enable "Free Shipping" then the dropdown box free shipping option reappears.

I have shipping per category setup to charge £2.50 for shipping within the U.K. and £3.50 for all other countries. If a customer from abroad orders 2 items it will charge £7.00 for delivery.

Can you advise please?

Thanks