PayPal

Guest sjandrews32

Guest sjandrews32

I need to know the exact .PHP file that PayPal should be pointing to under the "Return URL" setting so that it can be redirected back to the shopping cart after the sale.. I tried "confirmed.php" under the main folder, and that returns an error that says somthing like "Couldn't find module variables".. I have it going to index.php under the same folder right now, because that is the only place that I can send it where it wont get a blank page or and error.. I do have IPN setup correctly for sure.. There is a setting in PayPal under Website Payment Preferences that is called Payment Data Transfer, which I have disabled right now, because it looks like it requires that I copy and paste a token into cubecart somewhere, and theres no place to paste that, so I guess it's supposed to be disabled..

Does anyone know the answer to these problems, or is it not a problem, and its supposed to go back to http://www.site.com/store/index.php?

A detailed setup sheet for both the cubecart admin side, and the paypal setup side would be a nice thing to have right about now..

Any info would be appreciated, Thanks,

Steve

I find it hard to believe that no one knows the return URL from PayPal Back to CC3.0.2.. Brooky, could you please comment on this?

Guest sjandrews32

Ok, I have determined by looking at confirmed.php with notepad that it is indeed the order confirmation page.. I assume that means that PayPal is supposed to direct back to confirmed.php.. Now I am getting an error from PayPal that says that the invoice number had already been paid when it tries to go to PayPal to begin with before the sale, which I guess means that CC3.0.2 is trying to use the same invoice numbers more than once?

Does CC2.0.7 work with PayPal better than 3.0.2? I dont mind downgrading becuase I have not tweaked too much yet..

Is there another module that is solid I can use for payments?

Steve

Guest sjandrews32

Ok, the exact error I am getting is "Error: No payment gateway variable is set!" when PayPal returns to URL http:// www.site.com/store/confirmed.php...

IPN is setup correctly with PayPal using the URL in the admin area.. Payment Data Transfer is disabled, but I tried it both ways, so its not that anyway.. Everything else appears to be correct.. Perhaps the PayPal gateway variable can be forced in with code since all I will be using is PayPal anyway, but I am not good anough with PHP to do that.. Somehow the gateway variable is not being passed back from PayPal I guess?

Steve

Does anyone have PayPal working with CC 3.0.2 at all?

For some reason CubeCart is not on PayPals 3rd party list of integrated shopping carts.. They have a list of about 50 to 75 carts, and CC isn't on the list..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tbladecki

I had the same problem, in the Paypal sandbox area you need to set up two users:

1 is the customer and 1 is the store owner

then you need to reset the IPN to the "sandbox" store owner and have change you paypal settings in CC to the "sandbox" owner after that you can process orders all the way thur from start to finish using just the developers area of Paypal. Works like a charm, the only problem that I am having is the the confirmaiton page is coming back order failed, but when I check the admin section on my store is showing that the order is processed.

I am looking for answers as to why now but I think that it has somthing to do wiht the fact that the order is being done thur the developer side of paypal..... I will see what else I can find out. Also this is a good way to test that your "stock levels" if you have them set up is working properly.

Hope this helps I know you asked the question a while ago, but I did nto see any replies to get you help

• 2 weeks later...

PayPal and CC work fine together EXCEPT that there is no proper return page. You could simply use index.php as your return page which will simply return your visitor to your home page or you could create your own thank you page.

Hoping that Brooky has dealt with the problem for next release v.3.0.3.

When you set your Return Path to the following, the customer will immediately see that the order has been received.

http://....../cart.php?act=viewOrders

I also believe you can use the following, but Paypal eventually gives you an error about "no payment gateway variable found" when it attempts to return you.

http://....../confirmed.php

I've been testing out v3.2 with digital downloads and it's working fine with Paypal.

I use my Paypal account to receive payments from a few different websites and I don't have IPN set up in my Paypal control at all (or in CC's gateway section). I use Paypal's auto-return to forward customers to a generic 'thank you' page with links to all my 'paying' sites from there.

I still think version 2.** was all round better than this version of CC.

Would someone like to help me try and resolve this paypal issue, i have spent 3 hours going through the scripts trying to get my head around this problem on 2 shopping carts.

My findings so far:

confirmed.php is the final confirmation page this holds the information that is visually given to the customer once the payment has been made, the problem is that it requires ipn.php to set the status of the order to completed BEFORE going to confirmed.php.

ipn.php once the order has been confirmed it then sends the customer to orderSuccess.php to send the emails etc then stops so the customer does not know the status of the order.

Once paypal has done its stuff it needs to go to ipn.php to verify the order then ordersuccess to send the emails finally going to confirmed.php to display the results to the customer.

Going straight to confirmed.php from paypal will show order not completed because it requires ipn.php to update the status on the database..

Will try and work it out tonight any help would be appreciated as i am now getting errors from paypal saying invoice already paid and i cannot test anymore...

Pheeeeew